Safety & Security
Sweet Home ISD prioritizes the safety and security of students and staff. With that in mind, please see the following guidelines:
- All visitors will be screened at the electronic gate. Please state your name and school business at the gate prior to admittance.
- All visitors must report to the school office and may be asked to present a government-issued photo ID, sign in, state the reason for being on campus, and obtain approval from the principal or designees.
- All visitors to school shall wear a visitor badge provided by the school office. This badge must remain on during the duration of the visit on campus.
- Anyone on campus without a name badge will be escorted to the main office for proper sign-in and obtaining of a visitor badge.
- Visitors are not permitted to visit classrooms during the instructional day without the permission of the superintendent/principal.
- Once campus business is complete, please sign out at the main office.
- A school administrator or designee may refuse to allow a person to enter or may eject a person from the campus for violating the school visitor policy.
See below for additional school safety information.
We utilize the Standard Response Protocol, a uniform, planned, and practiced response to any incident.
If you would like more information on the Standard Response Protocol, please visit the I love you guys Foundation.
On Game or Performance days, Sweet Home ISD will continue to adhere to our visitor sign-in policy. There will be a sign-in station set up and all visitors will receive a visitor tag.
We are required to conduct the following drills during the school year:
|Fire Drill||1x per month|
1x per year - Weather
|Shelter-In-Place||1x per year - Hazmat|
|Evacuation||1x per year|
|Secure||1x per year|
|Lockdown||2x per year|
Facilities Conduct Notice
For all Visitors to Sweet Home ISD Facilities
Sweet Home ISD expects all visitors to any district facility to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner. Visitors must follow any facility entry procedures as a condition of entry. SHISD may refuse to allow entry or may eject from its property any person who who behaves in an inappropriate manner for a school setting, poses a substantial risk of harm to any person or refuses to leave peaceably upon request. Any unauthorized person who trespasses on an SHISD property commits a Class C Misdemeanor. Ref. Texas Education 37.105, 37.107, Texas Penal Code 30.05, SHISD Board Policy GKA. A person who is ejected from or denied entry to a SHISD facility may appeal the action under the District's complaint policy. See policy GF (public complaints), FNG (student/parent complaints), or DGBA (employee complaints).